Reflexology (zone therapy) is an alternative medicine method involving the practice of massaging or applying pressure to parts of the feet, or sometimes the hands and ears, with the goal of encouraging a beneficial effect on other parts of the body, or to improve general health.
Shiatsu is a Japanese word, literally meaning “finger pressure”. It is based on Traditional Chinese Medicine and is a form of massage administered by the thumbs, fingers, palms, forearms, elbows, and feet, to apply pressure along the skin of the energetic Organ Meridian system, encouraging the free flow of Qi, Blood and Emotions. The goal of shiatsu is to rectify internal malfunctioning, to promote and maintain health, to prevent disease, and to enhance the body’s natural regenerative powers and immunity. It is my preferred treatment modality for stress relief and general balancing of the energetic system. Periodic shiatsu promotes a person’s sensitivity to their body/mind, acting as a health barometer, alerting the person to minor imbalances that can then be corrected before they become major health concerns.
- Invigorates the skin.
- Stimulates the circulation of body fluids.
- Promotes suppleness in the muscular tissues.
- Helps correct faults in the skeletal system.
- Promotes the harmonious functioning of the nervous system.
- Helps regulate the operation of the ductless endocrine glands.
- Stimulates the normal functioning of the internal organs.
We also provide following services: